Carole Armitage, Chief Chocolate Executive Officer at 80Noir Ultra, has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for an expansion of her growing business.
Her vegan-friendly dark chocolate hot chocolates, mini bars and training bars have won awards and fans alike, especially within the athletic world. Designed to appeal to health-conscious milk chocolate lovers, the portion-controlled 80Noir Ultra range delivers a satisfying flavour hit without the bitterness typically associated with dark chocolate.
Her business has expanded into the hotel, retreat, resort and retail spaces and is now at the point where she's outgrown her kitchen space. Her solution is to renovate a horse trailer into a travelling hot chocolate trailer - named Daisy. Carole reckons the overall project cost to expand production, warehousing, fulfilment and storage, as well as automate some functions plus renovate the trailer is around £250,000, and she's raised £42,000 so far. She's even selling her flat to help turn her dream into a reality. Turning to Kickstarter, she's calling on supporters and chocolate fans to help raise £20,900.
Carole is keen to expand but wants to stay true to her roots of promoting positive mental health, wellbeing and sustainability through dark chocolate. Her plans align with B-Corp principles and benefit from Barry Callebaut's Cacao Horizon Foundation scheme to ensure the use of sustainably-sourced cocoa.
No Kickstarter project is complete without its rewards, and Carole has created a long list of rewards based on your level of investment.
Of course, you are free to donate to this campaign without receiving a reward. But should you wish to get something in return, here are the current tiers:
- £15+: 100g bag of hot chocolate beads and a cotton tote bag
- £20+: 300g bag of hot chocolate beads, automatic whisk, Chai spice blend, Aztec spice blend, and five mini bars.
- £35+: Three each of Apple Pie, Booster, and Funky Monkey training bars and a cotton tote bag.
- £50+: Five mini bars, 300g hot chocolate beads, one each of the Apple Pie, Booster, and Funky Monkey training bars, automatic whisk, Chai spice blend, Aztec spice blend, cotton tote bag, and a ION8 80NU branded flask.
- £65+: A Hygge hoodie and 20 mini bars.
- £75+: Two each of the Apple Pie, Booster, and Funky Monkey training bars, 1kg hot chocolate beads, ten mini bars, and a ION8 80NU branded flask.
- £100+: 300g hot chocolate beads, ten mini bars, a ION8 80NU branded flask, your name or logo added to The Hot Chocolate Trailer, and a black apron.
- £150+: 100g hot chocolate beads, automatic whisk, Chai spice blend, Aztec spice blend, and a virtual hot chocolate evening for five to ten friends.
- £165+: Six 1kg hot chocolate beads.
- £225+: 12 300g hot chocolate beads, 120 mini bars, 12 recipe cards, six 10ml spice mixes, a black apron, and a ION8 80NU branded flask.
- £275+: 12 300g hot chocolate beads, 120 mini bars, 12 recipe cards, six 10ml spice mixes, a hardback copy of the 80Noir Ultra Journey book, and your name listed in the credits in the book.
- £500+: 67 Apple Pie training bars, 66 Booster bars, 66 Funky Monkey bars, and a Hygge hoodie.
- £500+: 20 1kg hot chocolate beads, and a black apron.
- £750+: Receive an invite for you and up to five of friends to the opening of 'Daisy' Hot Chocolate trailer in Northallerton.
- £1,250+: Enjoy a chocolate making masterclass with Carole for you and up to four friends in either London or Yorkshire. You'll also receive five aprons, five hardback copies of the 80Noir Ultra Journey book, and five 80Noir Ultra goodie bags.
- £2,500+: Receive an invite for you and up to nine of friends to the opening of 'Daisy' Hot Chocolate trailer in Yorkshire, together with a three-course meal by Jason Shaw.
- £5,000+: Enjoy a private party to celebrate "Daisy" for up to 30 people, with hot chocolate refreshments, coolers, and snacks on tap along with Scandinavian-style Social foods.
- £8,000+: Enjoy a private weekend hire of "Daisy" for up to 60 people, with hot chocolate refreshments, coolers, and snacks on tap along with Scandinavian-style Social foods. Each person will also receive an 80Noir Ultra goodie bag.
- £8,000+: Jet off for a weekend for two in Paris, staying at the five-star Four Seasons George V Hotel. You'll visit the 80Noir Ultra lab to see how the chocolate is made, You'll enjoy dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant too. You'll also both receive a year's supply of 80Noir Ultra and a goody bag.
Rewards are subject to availability and may change without notice. Postage to the UK or European Union is in addition to your support amount.
This campaign closes on Thursday 24th June 2021.
80Noir Ultra Kickstarter crowdfunding camapign