In 2021, I found myself in sudden need of a large Easter egg. The supermarket shelves were full of the usual selection of small, medium and large eggs, but I sought something bigger. Which got me thinking. How large is large? What's the biggest Easter egg I can order online for delivery to my door?
Finding giant Easter eggs isn't a problem. Finding a chocolatier that's confident enough to send it through the postal network is the tricky part. So, I trawled through my list of hundreds of British chocolate makers, chocolatiers and chocolate shops to find those that do exactly what I needed.
So, here's my list of giant Easter eggs. What do I class as 'giant'? Well, the largest egg I can find in ASDA weighs in at around 550g. But to be truly giant, I think we need to be looking at kilograms not grams. My list contains anything I can find that's a kilogram or more in weight - perfect for the ultimate chocoholic, an incredibly lucky child, or to share with friends and family.
I've ordered this list by weight, with the heaviest egg first.
If you want to see some pretty and tasty Easter eggs, check out my 25 favourite Easter eggs for 2021.
In this article:
- Blowing Dandelion Giant Galaxy Egg
- Stas Chocolatier Giant Sweetie Egg
- The Cocoa Bean Company Giant Personalised Easter Egg
- Cocoba Giant Milk Chocolate Easter Egg
- Crofts Chocolates Giant Easter Egg
- Hotel Chocolat Classic Ostrich Easter Egg
- Lindt Giant Gold Bunny
- Venchi Gran Gourmet Dark Chocolate Piedmont Hazelnut Egg
- York Cocoa House Extra Large Dark Chocolate Egg
1 Blowing Dandelion Giant Galaxy Egg
£400 | 10KG
- Who makes it? Blowing Dandelion, London
- What do you get? A huge Easter egg with a galaxy decoration!
- Why do you need it? This beautiful Easter egg tips the scales at 10kg and is enormous. It's around 75cm in height and almost 50cm in width. It's made with single-origin 72% dark Ecuadorian chocolate and can be finished in a variety of colours, although this blue galaxy design looks stunning.
Blowing Dandelion Giant Galaxy Egg
2 Stas Chocolatier Giant Sweetie Egg
£140 | 5KG
- Who makes it? Stas Chocolatier, Erith, Kent
- What do you get? A whopping great big Easter egg, studded with sweets!
- Why do you need it? This monster Easter egg blows the scales at a mammoth 5 kilograms! Designed as the ultimate family Easter egg or as a fantastic prize for a charity raffle, this milk chocolate egg is enormous. Swirls of white chocolate act as the edible glue to affix a selection of sweets to the outside of the shell. If you need an Easter egg that grabs attention, this is it.
Stas Chocolatier Giant Sweetie Egg
3 The Cocoa Bean Company Giant Personalised Easter Egg
£50 | 2.5KG
- Who makes it? The Cocoa Bean Company, Twynholm, Scotland.
- What do you get? A giant chocolate egg with a sweet inclusion of your choice.
- Why do you need it? This can be the egg of your dreams, as you can personalise it to suit your preferences. This whopper of an Easter egg is made with milk and white chocolate, with the inclusion of your choice. Specify your egg to incorporate Jelly Beans, Candy Beans, Snowies, Jazzies, Fried Eggs, Cola Bottles, Rainbow Twists, Milk Chocolate Buttons, White Chocolate Buttons, Sour Dummies, Flying Saucers, Strawberry Bonbons, Liquorice Allsorts, Marshmallows, Fudge, or Gobstoppers. The image above shows the classic Easter option of Mini Eggs, and it looks delicious! There's also an option to personalise this egg to make it truly one of a kind.
The Cocoa Bean Company Giant Personalised Easter Egg
4 Cocoba Giant Milk Chocolate Easter Egg
£49.95 | 2KG
- Who makes it? Cocoba, Bluewater, Kent
- What do you get? A huge milk chocolate Easter egg.
- Why do you need it? Fancy wrapping your lips around this 2KG Belgian milk chocolate Easter egg? It's a sizeable beast and comes well rated too. It's hand-finished with drizzles of milk and white chocolate to add a little extra flair. It's big enough to share, but will you be kind enough to do this, or will you gobble it up yourself? (I realise this might be a daft question!).
Cocoba Giant Milk Chocolate Easter Egg
5 Crofts Chocolates Giant Easter Egg
£34.95 | 1.5KG
- Who makes it? Crofts Chocolates, Scarborough
- What do you get? A large Easter egg made with Belgian chocolate.
- Why do you need it? When you're in need of a proper Easter egg, head up to Yorkshire. Here you'll find this 1.5kg Belgian chocolate Easter egg by Crofts Chocolates. Wrapped in cellophane and finished with a bow, it can be personalised to make it unique. Not only that, it can be made in either milk, dark or white chocolate so you can order this huge Easter egg in the type of chocolate you love best.
Crofts Chocolates Giant Easter Egg
6 Hotel Chocolat Classic Ostrich Easter Egg
£80 | 1.045kg
- Who makes it? Hotel Chocolat, Huntingdon
- What do you get? A chunky Easter egg plus a selection of chocolate bonbons.
- Why do you need it? Just look at it! It would feed my chocolate habit for almost an entire day! Made to the standard that all mainstream Easter eggs should be (very big and extra thick), it's certainly a looker. Half of the egg is made with 40% milk chocolate mixed with cookies and puffed rice, while the other half blends crispy feuilletine with 50% milk chocolate. Inside the reusable tin you'll also find 20 chocolate bonbons from the range (because a massive Easter egg wasn't enough...).
Hotel Chocolat Classic Ostrich Easter Egg
7 Lindt Giant Gold Bunny
RRP £39.99 | 1KG
- Who makes it? Lindt
- What do you get? A giant hollow chocolate bunny.
- Why do you need it? First off, I admit this stretches the definition of what an Easter Egg is. But the Lindt Gold Bunny is an Easter institution, and this large-scale version weighs in at one kilogram, making it a very big bunny. If you're looking for a classically-shaped giant Easter egg then scroll up and down. But if you're a Lindtaholic, this gold-foiled delight will be right up your street. Here, the Lindt Master Chocolatier has supersized the milk chocolate bunny to this whopper. It shares the same characteristics as its smaller siblings - include the red ribbon and bell - just in a bigger size.
Lindt Giant Gold Bunny
8 Venchi Gran Gourmet Dark Chocolate Piedmont Hazelnut Egg
£100 | 1KG
- Who makes it? Venchi (store in London)
- What do you get? A dark chocolate shell filled with whole Piedmont hazelnuts.
- Why do you need it? If there's two things Venchi knows about, it's chocolate and hazelnuts (as you can see from my Venchi review when I visited London a while back). This Easter egg combines the two. The thick shell is cast in dark chocolate and then loads of whole Piedmont hazelnuts line the inside. The rich cocoa notes from the dark chocolate contrast with the crunch of the roasted hazelnuts. If, like me, you love gianduja, you'll love this. If the 56% dark chocolate puts you off, there's a 31.8% milk chocolate version available too.
Venchi Gran Gourmet Dark Chocolate Piedmont Hazelnut Egg
9 York Cocoa House Extra Large Dark Chocolate Egg
£59.50 | 1KG
- Who makes it? York Cocoa House, Yorkshire
- What do you get? A 1kg Easter egg presented in a gift box.
- Why do you need it? From one of Britain's finest bean-to-bar chocolate makers comes this exquisite Easter egg, crafted from 75% Dominican Republic dark chocolate. Boasting a thick shell, this Easter egg is one for dark chocolate lovers and chocolate purists alike. It's wrapped in a copper-coloured foil and packaged inside a craft box tied with raffia ribbon, making it a wonderful gift item (should you bear to part with it). If dark chocolate isn't your thing, York Cocoa House also offers another 1KG egg, made with 45% Ugandan milk chocolate (wrapped in gold-coloured foil).
York Cocoa House Extra Large Dark Chocolate Egg
Spotted a monster of a chocolate Easter Egg that is available for home delivery that I've missed? Share the details below in the comments and I'll get on the case!